About The Foundation
The Gut Microbiota and Probiotic Science Foundation (India) was registered as a society on 9th November 2011 by a group of scientists under the Societies Registration Act XX1 of 1860.The objective of the Foundation is to provide a thrust to the science of Gut Microbiota and Probiotics in the country, channelize International knowledge and expertise in the field and promote collaborative research in the development of probiotics as well as foster and maintain research links with scientists of similar interest.
To meets its objective the Foundation will:
- Organize an Annual International Symposium for providing a common scientific platform for basic scientists and clinicians to share and exchange knowledge and views and delve into newer areas of research.
- Webcast the symposium for wider viewership.
- Publish the proceedings of the symposium as a book for distribution to Libraries and healthcare professionals across the country.
- Publish an annual Newsletter that will capture the latest scientific developments in the area.
- Promote research in the area and felicitate young talent by through the Young Investigator Award.